A critical success factor in managing an organisation is ensuring that it has the right structure and governance - which means sufficient and appropriate resources to get the job done and the diligent management scrutiny required for when problems arise.
The Experience Matters team has worked with a number of large government and private sector organisations to conduct a health check on existing governance arrangements in relation to information and develop an improved information governance framework and tools including:
- roles & responsibilities
- process maps
The benefits of effective corporate governance practices around data, information and knowledge include:
- Better management of business risk
- Improved compliance
- Double-handling eliminated
- Downtime after disasters reduced due to improved business continuity
- Protection against loss of reputation due to inefficiency, ineffectiveness or illegality
- Protection against litigation by being able to discover and provide evidential documents to defend cases
- Reduction in losses of knowledge, evidence and IP held in documents in the hands of contractors, disgruntled employees or retiring staff
- Reduced dependence on people who hold knowledge, evidence and IP in their heads
- Improved security of information and knowledge
Experience Matters also provides advice on contingency planning and disaster recovery.